Wednesday, August 4, 2010

How I Got Him to Watch Fever Pitch.

Posted by Jerold Austin

I once convinced my boyfriend at the time to watch my favorite chick flick with me. The movie was called Fever Pitch and I constantly reassured him that it was a movie about baseball. He fell for it and watched the entire movie with me until he realized that the main character's love for baseball was really secondary to the film. It was actually the reason that the relationship between the two main characters might not work out. He wasn't upset at me but he did try to get me to watch a real baseball movie. I fell asleep pretty quickly because baseball doesn't interest me but sappy romance filled chick flicks sure do.

Fever Pitch was actually on the satellite from www.direct.tv just a few nights ago and I asked him to watch it again with me. It happened to be my favorite and he obliged and watched it because I made him dinner. It stars Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. Fallon is a school teacher who is absolutely obsessed with the Red Sox. Barrymore doesn't mind this obsession at first because their relationship is fun and she doesn't mind him being passionate about a sport.

Where they run into problems is planning their future together. Can she rely on him when he drops everything for a silly game? I like this movie because my relationship situation matches pretty well to that of the two main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment