Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Coming Home

Guest post written by Derick Burks

Being back home again in Philly feels great, if not hectic. Living in a big city is tough because of all the people and traffic and things like that but you know, I like feeling the energy of the city under my feet. Since I’m a single woman I decided to get my own condo so I could really live my life like I’m supposed to do. I’ve been getting the place all fixed up the way I like it – painting the walls, getting adt philadelphia and even changing out the tile in the bathroom – all with my brother’s help, thanks Gary! I’m just happy to live on my own and not have to worry about roommates and stuff and you know, at the end of the day, owning my own house is going to be great. I finally feel like a grown woman and being able to say I take care of myself means to me that I’ve really arrived and that I’m a functioning adult. I can only imagine what the next few years will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment