Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn is for Tailgating.

Guest post of the week by Deangelo Spencer

Ah... there is a chill in the air, a crunch of leaves underfoot, the smell of a bonfire in the wind... this can only mean one thing - football season has arrived! With football season brings tailgating for my favorite college team, the Penn State Panthers! Autumn is the perfect time of year for tailgating. With the weather changing to cooler, it makes a perfect setting for tailgating. After dialing up my alumni friends and family, packing up my truck, and setting my house alarm installed by New York adt Home Alarm, it is time to make the trek to one of the parking lots at Penn State University! Not only are good friends and families essential for a great time tailgating, so are the food and beverage provisions. I always pack necessary tailgating items such as: food (and lots of it), beverages (waters, sodas, and beer), games (corn hole and a football), chairs, tables, a grill, a radio, and a tent` (in case it rains). Socializing with tailgating is an important thing, too. It never ceases to amaze me how many of my old alumni friends that I have lost touch with during the years show up to some of the games. Touching base and catching up always brings a smile to my face. Yes, to many, autumn signifies Thanksgiving, and back to school. But, to me, it screams, "Are you ready for some football?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment